Many have asked either directly or indirectly via other platforms like Quora, and I’ve decided to write a short Q&A on some of the most frequently asked questions about LOVO & our competitors. Hope this clears up a few things for most of you 🙂
1) What is Genny?
2) Is Genny free?
Yes! You get up to 7 days of free trial with up to 20 minutes of voice generation credit on Genny by LOVO.
3) Is Genny good? How is Genny different from their competitors?
Excellent question! Let me use shoes as an example.
You have the flip-flops from Target & Walmart that you buy when your sandals fall apart during a trip. You also have basketball shoes, cleats, rainbow boots, and other footwear suited for specific occasions. Further out in the spectrum, you have the Jimmy Choo’s and The House of Harry Winston’s. And then there’s Nike and Adidas. Fashionable, comfortable, accessible, customizable, and serves both the wide mass as well as the special few.
It’s the same in Text to Speech market: you have the inexpensive robotic voices that you can use for your microwaves, those that sacrifice quality for speed and vice versa, ones where you don’t understand why they are so exorbitantly expensive (because unlike the $600 McQueen oversoles, you can’t show off the price tags of your AI voices to your customers), and platforms that have the fundamentals to support and tailor to various use cases – marketing, e-learning, movies & games, audiobooks, call centers, etc.
– Google and Amazon Polly are the Walmart and Target of TTS industry, big-names that are available at $16/1million characters.
– Older players like Balabolka & Nuance have their loyal fanbase who don’t feel like switching to the newer platforms.
– Speechelo and other lifetime deal pages on facebook… think of them as Dollar Stores or street vendors with flashy signs.
– So what about Genny? There’s a reason I’ve always been a fan of Nike 😀
If you are looking for more information on the 10 best TTS tools available, check out this post!
4) Can you use Genny to make monetized YouTube videos?
Yes you surely can. Our voices are natural enough for YouTube to accept.
5) Does Genny have French / German / Italian / Dutch / British English, etc.?
Yes, we have all of them!
6) Can I use Genny offline?
If you are an enterprise customer that requires on-premise deployment, please contact us here.
7) Genny pricing
You can use it for free, or find a premium subscription that fits your needs here.
Find other information on TTS tool comparisons:
– 7 Essential Qualities of a Good Text to Speech Platform
– LOVO Makes Base10’s Trend Map: Generative AI!