Last Updated: June 8th, 2023
This Policy applies to Personal Information that we collect, store, use, and/or share (“process”) your information when you use or interact with us, such as when you:
1) visit www.lovo.ai and other affiliate Web Sites (collectively, “Web Sites”), and web/mobile applications, software, tools, and documentation (collectively, the “Services”) that link to this Policy; and
2) engage with us in any other ways, including any events, emails, or social media posts.
What Personal Information does LOVO collect?
The Personal Information we may collect about you through the Services falls into the following general categories:
Personal Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our Services may ask you to provide Personal Information voluntarily. For example, we may ask for certain information to use features in our Services, register an account with us, subscribe to marketing communications from us, improve our machine learning features and services, and/or to submit enquiries to us, such as:
- Contact information (i.e.; name, job title, affiliation, email, address, phone number, etc.)
- Payment information (i.e.; card number, name, billing address, bank details, wire transfer information, etc.)
- Contact preferences (i.e.; email preference)
- Content (i.e.; content you share via feedback, email, or social media)
- Voice samples and data that you upload to our Services or Website.
- Social Media data used for logging in (i.e.; Google, Facebook, etc.)
- Any information you submit to our customer service team in the Service or via email.
The Personal Information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be explained to you when we ask you to provide your Personal Information.
Personal Information that we receive automatically from your use of our Services
When you visit our Web Sites, use, and interact with the Services, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions, including the following:
- Log data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Web (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Web Sites.
- Usage data: We may automatically collect information about your use of the Services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use and the actions you take, as well as your time zone, country, the dates and times of access, user agent and version, type of computer or mobile device, computer connection, IP address, and the like.
- Device information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Voice Recording data: audio data with voice recording you input into our Services through the microphone or via upload function. We may use your submitted voice recording data solely to improve our Services provided to you, and it will never be shared with anyone or any third parties for non-related purposes.
Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) Features
How we use your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide, operate, improve, and analyze our Services;
- To provide you with the correct versions of our Services (e.g.; knowing which language to make our Services available to you in);
- To provide you with the features and capabilities you requested (e.g.; providing custom voices) ;
- To communicate with you;
- To research and develop, whose results may remain confidential or may be shared with third parties, with users, or published;
- To receive error messages about any issues you or your device encounter with our Services to enable us to fix bugs and interoperability issues;
- To assess our marketing campaigns;
- To conduct optional user feedback surveys; and,
- To detect and prevent illegal, fraudulent, or defamatory activities, and comply with our legal obligations.
Who does LOVO share my Personal Information with?
We may share your Personal Information with the following types of recipients:
(a) With third-party service providers, vendors, and partners who assist us in meeting business operations and Services’ needs (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help enhance the security of our Services), or parties that otherwise process Personal Information for the purposes described in this Policy or communicated to you when we collect your Personal Information. This includes, but is not limited to, vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, event management services, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, web analytics services, banks, financial institutions, legal and other professional services firms, and affiliates.
(b) With any other person, with your consent for such disclosure.
How and why does LOVO process your information?
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how and why you interact with our Services and Website, including:
- Account registration and management. We may process your information so you can create and log in to your account, as well as keep your account in working order and handle any necessary requests such as changing password or amending billing information.
- Access to service. We may process your information to provide you with the requested service or to upgrade the quality of our services.
- User support. We may process your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the requested service or account.
- Communication. We may process your information to send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies, or for marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time.
- Feedback. We may process your information when necessary to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- Security and protection. We may process your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services and Website safe and secure, including fraud monitoring and prevention, and also to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent potential harm or danger.
How does LOVO determine which information to process?
California Residents ONLY
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Privacy Notice
The California Code of Regulations defines a “resident” as:
- every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose; and
- every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose.
All other individuals are defined as “non-residents.”
If this definition of “resident” applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
What categories of personal information do we collect?
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
|Identifiers||Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and account name||Yes|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute||Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history, and financial information||Yes|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Gender and date of birth||No|
|Commercial information||Transaction information, purchase history, financial details, and payment information||Yes|
|Biometric information||Fingerprints and voiceprints||No|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems, and advertisements||Yes|
|Geolocation data||Device location||Yes|
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities||Yes|
|Professional or employment-related information||Business contact details in order to provide you our Services at a business level or job title, work history, and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us||Yes|
|Education Information||Student records and directory information||No|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics||No|
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories through instances where you interact with us in person, online, or by phone or mail in the context of:
- Receiving help through our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests; and,
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS Act
The following disclosures are intended to provide additional information about (1) the categories of Personal Information we collect (as defined above), (2) the source of the Personal Information, (3) how we use each category of Personal Information, and (4) how we disclose Personal Information. These disclosures do not limit our ability to use or disclose information as described above.
|Category of Personal Information||Sources of Personal Information||Use of Personal Information||Disclosure of Personal Information|
|Social Information||We may collect Social Information from you when you interact with our Social Media Pages.||We may use Social Information to perform analytics and to communicate with you.||We may disclose Social Information to our affiliates.|
|Communication Information||We collect Communication Information directly from you.||We use Communication Information for providing our Services and responding to you.||We disclose Communication Information to our affiliates and communication services providers.|
|Technical Information||We collect Technical Information from you.||We use Technical Information for analytics and in some cases, for moderation and prevention of fraud and malicious activity by users of our Services.||We disclose Technical Information to our affiliates and analytics provider(s).|
To the extent provided for by law and subject to applicable exceptions, California residents have the following privacy rights in relation to the Personal Information we collect:
The right to know what Personal Information we have collected and how we have used and disclosed that Personal Information;
The right to request deletion of your Personal Information; and
The right to be free from discrimination relating to the exercise of any of your privacy rights.
We do not and will not sell your Personal Information.
Exercising Your Rights: California residents can exercise the above privacy rights by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Verification: in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or deletion, we may require you to verify your credentials before you can submit a request to know or delete Personal Information. If you do not have an account with us, or if we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity, we may ask you to provide additional Personal Information and proof of residency for verification. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not provide or delete your Personal Information.
Authorized Agents: you may submit a request to know or a request to delete your Personal Information through an authorized agent. If you do so, the agent must present signed written permission to act on your behalf and you may also be required to independently verify your identity and submit proof of your residency with us.
Canada Residents ONLY
We may process your information if you have given us specific permission (i.e., express consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose, or in situations where your permission can be inferred (i.e., implied consent). You can withdraw your consent at any time. In some exceptional cases, we may be legally permitted under applicable law to process your information without your consent, including, for example:
- If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
- For investigations and fraud detection and prevention;
- For business transactions provided certain conditions are met;
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim;
- or identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin;
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be victim of financial abuse;
- If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province;
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records;
- If it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced;
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes; and,
- If the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations
EU Residents ONLY
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent (legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR/UK-GDPR): We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e., consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. The data subject’s consent is especially needed when processing voice samples within our Service.
- Performance of a contract (legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR/UK-GDPR): We may process your personal information when we believe it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Services or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legitimate interest (legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR/UK-GDPR): We may process your information when we believe it is strictly necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and those interests do not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your personal information for some of the purposes described in order to:
- be able to display our website to you and to ensure stability and operational security of our website;
- diagnose problems and/or prevent fraudulent activities;
- understand how our users use our products and services so we can improve user experience;
- offer an efficient and secure payment method;
- appropriately respond to customer/contact enquiries, that do not have a contractual context; and,
- be able to assert our rights and enforce our legal claims.
- Legal obligations (legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. c GDPR/UK-GDPR): We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital interests (legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. d GDPR/UK-GDPR): We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
EEA Residents ONLY
The controller is any natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. The Controller responsible for processing your data is:
Data Protection Officer
For the protection of your data we appointed a data protection officer:
We have designated a representative in the European Union:
The aforementioned certain rights may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. You can make such a request by contacting us via email@example.com
We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
If you are located in the EEA, UK or Switzerland and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
Withdrawing your consent: If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, which may be express and/or implied consent depending on the applicable law, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal nor, when applicable law allows, will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Opting out of marketing and promotional communications: You can unsubscribe from our marketing and promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, or by contacting us using the contact details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing lists. However, we may still communicate with you — for example, to send you service-related messages that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Log in to your account settings and update your user account
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our legal terms and/or comply with applicable legal requirements.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Disclosure of Data / Third Country Transfers
LOVO is a US company based in Berkeley, CA 94704 and operates globally. Therefore, your personal data may be transferred to and stored outside the country in which you are located. This includes the US and other countries outside the EEA. If we process your data outside the EEA, we ensure that the legal requirements of Art. 44 et seq. GDPR for such a third country transfer are met and that your data is processed in accordance with the European data protection standard. If we use third-party tools that process your data outside the EEA, we usually use the so-called EU standard contractual clauses (SCC), which we conclude with the respective provider. In addition, in accordance with the requirements of the ECJ (“Schrems II”), a case-by-case risk analysis is carried out with regard to the respective third country transfer in order to ensure that your data is processed lawfully in the third country concerned and, in particular, that access to your data by state authorities is prevented.
Automated Decision Making / Profiling
We do not use automated decision making or profiling (an automated analysis of your personal circumstances).
How does LOVO keep my Personal Information secure?
You access and use our Web Sites and Services at your own risk. LOVO uses standard industry practice (physical, electronic, and procedural) to protect all data collected (including Personal Information) secure. We take reasonable steps to protect the Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. In particular, emails sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what Personal Information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information via the Internet. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or Third-Party Sites.
When we collect Personal Information, we do not know the age of our users. If we discover we have inadvertently gathered Personal Information from a minor under the 13 years of age, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such Personal Information from our records.
If you choose not to provide Personal Information that is needed to use some features of our Services, you may be unable to use those features.
LOVO reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to modify the Policy. Your privacy is very important to us, and we want you to know everything we do and don’t do with the data you provide. Our guiding principle is that any data we collect from you will be treated with the utmost care and respect, and every effort will be made to ensure the data is kept private. If you have any questions about the Policy, please contact:
LOVO Legal Services