While AI is a relatively new innovation that’s revolutionizing how we interact with technology right now, text to speech (TTS) has actually been around since the 1960s. These systems, which use synthetic voices to read typed text aloud, have historically sounded robotic with a clear lack of human touch. Think Siri, Alexa, or the woman at the call center telling you that you’re 25th in line to be served. We’re all used to this kind of TTS.
But recent advancements in text to speech AI have allowed for the addition of emotions and intonations to make the voices far more lifelike and engaging. Crafted by artificial intelligence and natural language processing, TTS systems can now generate voices that sound like recordings of real humans. Goodbye robots, hello voices that can represent your brand and build connections with customers.
In this article, we explore why AI text to speech with emotion is particularly beneficial for businesses’ marketing efforts and how companies can leverage TTS AI to establish a strong brand voice and build emotional relationships with their target audience – all without breaking the bank on voice actors or compromising for robotic voice overs.
What is Emotional Marketing?
Before discussing why AI text to speech with emotion is so beneficial for your marketing campaigns, we first need to establish what emotional marketing is.
Here we’re talking about marketing techniques that use specific emotions to connect with customers and create a deeper bond. Think of the warm feeling you get when you see a cute puppy in a commercial, or the rush of excitement you feel when you see an ad for a new Marvel movie. By tapping into customers’ emotions, companies can make their products and services more memorable and appealing, while also building a loyal consumer base. Emotional marketing is all about creating a connection with people and making them feel good about the products they buy.
It’s nothing new. Remember those Uncle Sam ‘I Want You’ posters from World War I? That’s a perfect example of emotional marketing in action. For a more recent example, think of Coca-Cola’s ‘Choose Happiness’ campaign. The brand encouraged consumers to share their happy memories and experiences from summertime – forever linking Coke with those happy moments in each consumer’s life. The campaign wasn’t explicitly about selling cans of Coke. It was about creating, sharing, and spreading one single emotion: happiness.
Why Emotional Marketing works
We know emotional marketing works. But why? It’s thanks to a number of factors all working in tandem.
- Emotions are memorable: Strong emotions stick in our brains, for better or worse. By creating an emotional connection with your customers, you can make a lasting impression and increase brand recognition.
- Emotions create a sense of loyalty: When we feel connected to a brand on an emotional level, we are more likely to become loyal customers. We may even become brand advocates, sharing our positive experiences with others and helping to promote the brand.
- Emotions drive decision-making: Studies have repeatedly shown that people make decisions based on emotions rather than logic. That’s why emotional marketing is so effective – it influences decision-making and can be more powerful than facts and data.
- Emotions increase engagement: When people feel emotionally connected to a brand, they are more likely to engage with its marketing efforts. This can include liking and sharing social media posts, leaving positive reviews, returning to buy more, and spreading the word about a brand.
- Emotions inspire action: Not only does emotional marketing grab the consumer’s attention and appeal to them, but it also creates a sense of urgency. Rather than filing your product away in the back of their mind to return to later, a strong emotional connection can go a long way in completing a sale on the spot.
Emotional Marketing Strategies
There’s a right way and a wrong way to employ emotional marketing strategies. Here are some best practices to consider.
Understand your audience
You can only play on your consumers’ emotions if you actually understand them. It’s essential for every brand to put in the time and energy to build robust buyer personas for all marketing campaigns. What drives them? What are their deepest fears, strongest desires, struggles, and motivations?
Tell a compelling story
Stories are powerful tools for creating emotional connections. By telling a compelling story that resonates with your audience, you can make your brand more relatable and memorable. For example, a small business that sells handmade products might tell the story of the people who create them, highlighting the personal touch and attention to detail that goes into each item. This can create an emotional connection with consumers.
Use a voiceover
The right voiceover can add emotional depth to your brand’s messaging by creating a sense of intimacy, empathy, or urgency that resonates with your target audience.
That’s why using a text to speech AI tool that can capture human emotion is so important – no one is going to make a connection with a robot voiceover.
Leveraging text to speech with emotion to build connections with your audience
TTS is a handy tool, but only in the last few years has the tech evolved to include voices that can express emotion to help strengthen your marketing messages, building consumer trust and loyalty. Services like LOVO AI’s text to speech with emotion can be used to build real emotional connections.
LOVO AI offers a variety of resources that brands – from small businesses to multinational companies – can take advantage of. These include:
- Voice AI that can express over 25 emotions
- Customizable voice options that suit a wide range of purposes, eliminating the need to hire voice actors
- The ability to set a standard tone and style to ensure all your marketing is consistent
- Multilingual support, enabling you to create voiceovers in multiple languages and localize your content for international markets
- Fast turnarounds, keeping you ahead of the competition
- Captions and transcriptions, making your videos accessible to a wider audience
- Tools that allow you to adjust the tone, pitch, and speed of the generated voice, adding depth and emotion to your content