In recent years, video content has become one of the most important formats for content creators and influencers to master. Not only do people spend an average of 17 hours watching online videos each week, but they are more likely to share videos over other kinds of content – which is key to increasing reach and engagement.
There’s a lot that goes into creating compelling video content for social media, though, from the planning, staging, and filming, to the editing and sharing. With so much to do, it’s key for content creators to know which tools to use in the video making and editing process.
One of the most popular tools out there is CapCut. It’s highly rated for its ease of use and powerful editing capabilities that are perfect for making engaging social media video content. Better still, CapCut lets you add voiceovers and audio to your videos effortlessly, elevating your content in just a few taps.
If you’re unsure how to add a voiceover or audio in CapCut, follow this simple step-by-step!
What Is CapCut?
CapCut is a free video editing software that’s ideal for editing video content for social media. You can download it as an app on your phone to edit your videos from anywhere or use the desktop version on a laptop if that’s your preferred working tool.
Owned by TikTok, it’s seamlessly integrated with the app, allowing you to share your edited videos straight onto the platform. It also features ready-to-use video templates created by TikTok users, helping creators to join in on trends instantly.
Beyond the simple editing tools and audio features, CapCut also has a wide range of effects, transitions, and automatic captioning capabilities. It even carries innovative AI tools that enhance your images, allowing you to spruce up the style, increase the quality and resolution, and even colorize black and white photos.
If you’re ready to use CapCut to up your social media content game, here’s a tutorial on how to add voiceovers and audio to your videos within the app.
How To Add A Voiceover To CapCut
In this section, we’ll share how to record a voiceover directly onto your videos within the CapCut app.
Step 1: Write A Script
It’s always best to prepare what you want to say before you start to ensure you don’t forget anything that you’d like to include and avoid unwanted hesitations. It’s up to you whether you write a complete script or just a few bullet point prompts, but having something prepared can save you heaps of time.
Step 2: Record
- When you’re ready to record, tap the “Voiceover” icon on the toolbar at the bottom.
- You’ll be prompted to grant CapCut access to your device’s microphone. Allow the necessary permissions.
- Position the playhead on the timeline where you want to start recording the voiceover.
- Press the red “Record” button to start recording your voiceover while watching the video. You can pause and resume as needed.
- After recording, you can preview the voiceover by playing it back.
- If you’re satisfied with the voiceover, tap “Save.”
Step 3: Edit And Synch
Once you have your voiceover, you can edit and fine-tune it.
- To adjust the timing of audio or voiceovers, simply drag them along the timeline to the desired position.
- You can also split, trim, or delete audio clips by selecting them on the timeline and using the corresponding options in the toolbar.
- For more precise audio editing, tap the audio clip and use the “Edit” option to access advanced settings such as fade in/out, speed adjustment, and more.
- To control the audio levels, use the volume slider for each audio clip. Ensure that the balance between any background music and voiceover is appropriate.
How To Add Your Own Audio To CapCut
If you’d prefer to use a text to speech (TTS) generator to create an AI voiceover, you can still easily upload it into CapCut. Here’s how:
Step 1: Generate A Script
First things first, you’ll need to have the script for the TTS tool to transform into a voiceover. As we mentioned, social media content creators have a lot on their plate and script writing is yet another layer on top of all the small tasks that go into making great videos.
AI script generators can come in handy here. Whether you’d like a little bit of inspiration, some help getting started, or you’re happy for the AI generator to produce the entire script from start to finish, it can save you a lot of time and avoid writer’s block.
Genny Write can produce excellent scripts based on simple prompts, letting you focus on what you do best. It even lets you set the tone to ensure that your script matches your video.
Step 2: Record your voiceover with LOVO AI
To generate your voiceover:
- Paste your script into Genny’s text editor.
- Select the AI voice that fits your video from Genny’s collection of diverse AI voices. Sample the voice AI by clicking the play button.
- Adjust the AI voice’s emotion, word emphasis, pauses, speed, etc.
- Export your voiceover ready to add to CapCut.
Step 3: Import And Add To Video
Once you’re back in CapCut:
- Tap the “Audio” icon in the toolbar, then “Sounds”.
- Select the “Folder” icon to access ‘Your sounds’, then select either “From Files” or “From Library”, depending on where you saved your AI voiceover.
- Import your audio and make any necessary edits or changes in CapCut.
And there you have it! Professional-sounding voiceovers on all your social media videos.
Try LOVO AI’s voiceover tools to enhance your CapCut videos and boost your social media content today!